Rumor: PSP 2 have same CPU, GPU as next-iPhone
Copy cat copy cat tell your mother to…
Okay, not copy cat per se, it is quite common for companies to use similar hardware, but just thought I would throw that in.
Anyway, a French site claims to have specific hardware details of Sony’s yet-to-be-announced PSP 2. Turns out, the upcoming handheld will be using exactly the same CPU and GPU rumored to be featured in Apple’s next iPhone.
Here are the specs (thanks VG247):
- Screen: 5″ OLED multi-touch screen
- Control: A Multi-touch trackpad (rumored to be on the rear of the unit), four face buttons, two shoulder buttons, two analog sticks, directional pad
- Resolution: 960 x 544
- CPU: Quad-core ARM Cortex A9
- GPU: PowerVR SGX 543 MP4+
- RAM: 1GB LPDDR2 in the Debug unit, with 512 MB possible in the retail unit
- Storage: 16GB flash internal (like the PSP Go) and an SD slot
- Connectivity: Wi-fi, 3G, and Bluetooth
- Extras: Accelerometer, GPS, gyroscope, and two cameras: one front-facing and one rear-facing
Take from it what you may, but more will soon be announced at tomorrow’s Sony event. Stay tuned!