X-Men Destiny: First details emerged
A list of leaked features and story details including character info, mutant powers and more.
Ever since the announcement of the title, very few details have popped out on X-Men Destiny. Earlier last month Activision and Silicon Knights released two trailers for the game as an announcement. However, little to no info emerged except that players will have to choose one of three players and some other Marvel characters that will show up.
We finally got some solid information thanks to Stickskills who got hold of an upcoming February issue of the Official Xbox Magazine which had an article focusing on X-Men Destiny.
Here are some of the listed details:
- The tone of the game is said to be “dark, mature, & intense” striving towards an adult feel, but a Mature rating is said to not be likely.
- San Francisco is divided into human & non-human sectors as Professor X is dead.
- The game starts with a peace rally being staged to pay tribute to Professor X, which is when you are prompted to pick one of three characters in the crowd.
- OXM’s Activision guide chose Adrian Luca as their character.
- The game presents the player with frozen in time “decision moments”, indicating its time for players to make a big choice. The first big choice in the game allows you to pick your power archetype ranging from being able to manipulate matter and your body mass, energy projection, or a third one that was kept a secret.
- The game allows you to decide who is friend or foe in the X-Men universe.
- Cyclops, Quicksilver, Surge, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, & Gambit are confirmed to make an appearance in the title, with plenty more to be announced.
- X-Genes play a rather large role in the game, ranging from boss fights to deciding to give it to an X-Men, or someone else to form another alliance.
- Linking together a good amount of attacks will fill up your “Mutant power” meter, allowing you to pull off even stronger special attacks.
- One of the special attacks described as a part of the “Mutant power” meter was “Force Pillars”. The attack was said to produce crowd clearing beams that rise from the ground.
This is Silicon Knights first major title since the release of Too Human. Moreover, there hasn’t been an X-Men game in a while. X-Men Destiny will be published by Activision and most probably is headed to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.