id updates Rage with Game Center support
Adds compatibility with iPhone 4′s gyroscope as well.
id Software has rolled out a massive update to Rage, their debut game on the iOS platform. The update adds Game Center support, compatibility with iPhone 4′s gyroscope as well as a new Museum Mode, Mirror Mode, and even TV out support.
Here is the changelog:
- Game Center Leaderboards – Compare your daily, weekly and all-time scores with friends as well as global leaders.
- Game Center Achievements – More than 50 achievements to unlock. Career, map and difficulty specific challenges!
- Gyroscope Support (iPhone 4 & iPod touch 4) – Hold and move your iPhone in front of you like a virtual window with full gyroscopic aiming control.
- Museum Mode – Explore the levels at your own pace, eerily void of any mutants. Take-in a taste of the spectacular RAGE universe, powered by id Tech megatexturing technology
- 2nd Display Support – Play on a TV or Monitor using your iDevice as a controller. Output 480p over the official Apple Component cable & 720p over the official Apple VGA cable.
- Mirror Mode – mirrored levels flips the world for a new shooting experience.
- Language Localization – now in French, Italian, German & Spanish
The id Tech 5 powered on-the-rail shooter saw incredible praise and equally impressive sales on the iOS platform. Though short, the game stood to be an awesome example of what the iPhone could do and worked as a nice teaser for what it is to come on the mobile platform.
- Contact (0)