Learn how to make games at the Dubai World Game Expo
Epic to offer free Unreal Engine 3 tutorials at DWGE
Epic Games will be providing free hands-on learning opportunities with its award-winning game engine technology to Dubai World Game Expo attendees November 29 through December 1.
Epic’s special instructors for this occasion are two members from Teotl Studios, James Tan and Markus Arvidsson.
Released less than a year ago, UDK is the free version of the award-winning UE3 toolset that has more than 350,000 users. Come see demonstrations and ask these talented Unreal developers any questions you have about working with the industry-leading game engine.
Unreal Engine 3 is the winner of four Game Developer Front Line Awards for Best Engine, earning Hall of Fame entry in 2008, and the engine has won three consecutive Develop Industry Excellence Awards as well.
UDK is available for free download at www.udk.com/download. Epic Games releases regular software updates free of charge, and a wealth of support information is available at the Unreal Developer Network (UDN). In addition, UDK will soon ship with iOS support, which means that anyone will be able to make amazing games for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using UE3 technology.
Program Details (from basic to advanced)
* Unleash the power of Unreal Engine 3: This is an overview of the Unreal Engine 3 toolset components embodied in the Unreal Development Kit (UDK). Unreal Engine isn’t just a game engine; it’s a complete world-building toolkit. We’ll show you how the Unreal Editor can increase productivity of level designers, artists and game designers.
* UDK for fun and profit: UDK isn’t just for seasoned professionals; it’s also for up-and-coming developers! We’ll show you how quickly you can start developing games using UDK.
* Level design in under an hour: Originally titled, “Build a game level in an hour and have time left to get a coffee,” this hands-on session will show how the Unreal Editor makes it easy for developers to carve out playable spaces, enabling you to quickly visualize ideas in action.
* The art of AI in UDK: This session will dive into the art of AI development, detailing how to add the “intelligence” to artificial intelligence.
* Cartoon creation with UDK: In addition to games, UDK is used for many types of real-time simulations, from architectural visualizations to digital movies. This hands-on session will demonstrate how to use the Unreal Matinee tool to develop a linear animated short – in other words, a cartoon.
* UDK advanced lighting techniques: UDK offers amazing lighting techniques to easily simulate the complexities of realistic scene lighting, from spot lights, parallel directional lighting, sunlight, God rays, mist rays and so forth. We’ll show you how to use the latest techniques to make your scenes even better.
* UDK – beyond shooters: UDK can be used to develop almost any kind of game that your designers can dream up. In this session, we’ll show you how to make a simple RTS game from scratch.
- Contact (0)