Halo: Reach sells 3.3m copies in first month
And that’s only the USA we are talking about.
NPD sales figure for the September month are in, and they are pretty much what we expected. Halo kicked ass.
Yup, Bungie’s last tribute to the Halo franchise – Halo: Reach has sold over 3.3 million units in the first month in the United States alone. With worldwide sales, i am sure the figure will be more than double. Reach becomes only the third current generation console video game to sell over 3 million units in the first month – the first two being Halo 3 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
Here is the entire list:
1. Halo: Reach (Microsoft – Xbox 360) 3,300,000
2. Madden NFL 11 (EA – 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, PSP)
3. Dead Rising 2 (Capcom – 360, PS3, PC)
4. NHL 11 (EA – 360, PS3)
5. FIFA Soccer 11 (EA – 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, NDS)
6. Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (Square Enix – PSP)
7. Mafia II (Take-Two – 360, PS3, PC)
8. Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (Activision – PS3, 360, NDS, Wii)
9. Metroid: Other M (Nintendo – Wii)
10. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision – 360, PS3, PC)
On the hardware side, Nintendo DS, Wii and PS3 saw decline in year-on-year sales, while Xbox 360 enjoyed a 37% bump from last September. Xbox 360 sold about 484, 000 consoles, whereas DS sold 403, 000 and Wii sold 254, 000. Sony would not disclose PS3 sales. This makes Xbox 360 the number one selling console for the fourth month in a row.
- Contact (0)