StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Tournament
With the launch of Heart of Swarm just recently, what better time to test out your skills than a tournament? So without further ado, here are the HotS GamesFest Tournament details:
- Game Mode: 1v1
- Game Speed: Faster
- Game Type: Single Elimination for Qualifiers and Semi-finals; Best of 3 for Finals
- Maps: Akilon Wastes (Qualifiers); Daybreak (Semi-Finals); Neo Planet S/ Xel’Naga Caverns/ Whirlwind (Finals)
And here are the basic gameplay rules:
- Players will be playing on Alienware M18X laptops – can bring their own mouse & headset.
- Players must use their own Battle.net account with an active Heart of the Swarm license.
- No warm-up or practice games are permitted with your opponent.
- Only Tournament Officials may connect to a game as an observer. Inviting someone other than a Tournament Official to observe a match may result in a forfeit or replay of the game.
Due to lack of time, only 8 players will be allowed to enter the tournament.
All 8 players must be present by 2:30pm on 22nd March at ClubWest, otherwise walk-in challengers will be given the opportunity to fill in the missing slot(s).
If any drafted player is not present by 3pm on 22nd March at ClubWest in the PC Tournament area, they will be disqualified from the tournament.
1st prize: SteelSeries mouse and Western Digital 2TB hard drive. 2nd Prize: PC games bundle and StarCraft II merchandise.
So that’s it, register quickly as only 8 places are available, and start practicing!
UPDATE: Players who come in by 2pm or later will be slotted in on a first come first served basis to fill in the 8 slots since there are many registrations already.